Thursday, October 8, 2009






















As a young chef cooking today, it’s easy to become fixated on technique and trends. I was trained to be a purist, so I’m far more interested in the authenticity of my ingredients than in creating flavored foam. From the source of today’s produce to getting to know each farmer, it’s the origin and quality of materials that really motivates me.

Throughout school and up until this point in my career, my focus has been on pairing food with wine. While I love wine, I’ll let you in on a little industry secret... chefs drink beer. And as a home brewer, I’m constantly amazed by the variety and complexity of flavors that can be coaxed from beer.

The opportunity to combine both of these concepts - to design a menu that features pure, simple ingredients and draws its flavor inspiration from beer – is something I feel very lucky to do and am incredibly excited about.

Kyle Bailey, Chef
Birch & Barley & ChurchKey

No comments:

Post a Comment